2019 Maricopa County StandDown - Thursday PM Shift
Time & Location
About The Event
This event connects local veterans with critical supportive services to help them gain and maintain their health and housing stability. Volunteers MUST be 18 years of age or older. Learn more about the 2019 Maricopa County StandDown here.
- You must be 18 years of age or older (no exceptions - requirement from the StandDown).
- You should be outgoing, friendly, helpful, and comfortable assisting veterans (including homeless veterans) and their families.
What to Expect:
- You will be distributing food, hygiene, and canine supplies to veterans and their families.
- Chairs will be provided, however you will be on your feet, on concrete floors, for most of your shift.
- Packages From Home staff will be available on-site during your shift.
What to Wear:
- If you have a Packages From Home shirt, please wear it, if not, we will provide one for you to keep (provide your shirt size below).
- Wear comfortable pants and shoes as you will be on your feet, on a concrete floor, for most of your shift.
What to Bring:
- Bring water, snacks, and meals you expect to eat during your shift, with you. Refrigerators & microwaves will NOT be available, but you can bring a small cooler (subject to inspection by StandDown staff).