SPONSOR A PACKING PARTY
Did you know that you can come to the Packages From Home Packing Center and hand-assemble care packages for our deployed troops? Our new 5,700 sq. ft. Packing Center warehouse is the perfect place for your group to team build and come together to do something good for our troops, veterans, and military working dogs.
PACKING PARTY SCHEDULING
Scheduling a Packing Party is a great way for corporate groups, community groups, churches, and others, ages 12+, to come together to benefit our troops in need. Packing Parties take place at the Packages From Home Packing Center in Downtown Glendale, Arizona and are scheduled in two-hour blocks during our regular office hours: Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m and Saturdays by appointment, on a first come, first served basis. We are happy to accommodate confirmed groups of 8-20 people at a time. If your group is larger than this, please let us know and we will do our absolute best to accommodate everyone.
During your Packing Party, your group may be asked to help with a variety of important tasks including:
- Assembling care packages for our troops (according to our high standard of “we don’t ship air”)
- Sorting donations
- Restocking shelves
- Assembling boxes
- Assembling condiment packs
- Proofreading letters
- Breaking down product boxes
- General cleanup/maintenance
- Writing letters (optional)
- Decorating packages (optional)
We encourage volunteers to wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as they will be working in a warehouse with concrete floors. If your group contains volunteers with disabilities or special needs, please let us know so we can arrange for them to work on light-duty tasks, such as proofreading letters, assembling condiment packs, etc.
PACKING PARTY SPONSORSHIP
If you belong to a for-profit business, we ask that you please sponsor your Packing Party to assist with postage funds and/or needed items for the care packages your group will be assembling. We also ask volunteer groups from churches, non-profit organizations, etc. to participate in Packing Party sponsorship whenever possible to ensure there will be enough funding to fill and ship the packages you assemble. Your 100% tax-deductible sponsorship may be fulfilled by contributing postage funds and items for the care packages your group assembles during your Packing Party. Please contact our Director of Fundraising and Communications for current postage rates and a list of items requested by our deployed heroes.
There many fun, easy, and affordable ways to sponsor care packages for our troops, and many participants have told us that donation drives are a great way to help build team spirit and a sense of unity for a common cause. Ideas such as spare change collection jars, inter-office competitions, dress-down/jeans days, and even car washes have been hugely successful. The possibilities are endless! If you’d like help with ideas for your postage fundraiser and/or supply drive, please contact our Director of Fundraising and Communications.
TEAM BUILDING FOR OUR TROOPS
Due to popular request, we are pleased to announce that we have launched a team building program that enables businesses to do good for their company, community, and country – all while enhancing company relationships, synergy, communication, and ability to achieve goals.
Our team building program can be customized, depending on your company’s budget and number of employees. We are also happy to coordinate an Offsite Packing Party at a location of your choosing, including outside of Arizona. For more information about Team Building for Our Troops, please contact our Director of Fundraising, Director of Fundraising and Communications.
Packages From Home welcomes the opportunity to develop new relationships and partnerships. We strive to provide our military with the support they deserve and are always looking for new organizations who feel passionately about our military as well. If your company would like to partner with Packages From Home and enjoy the benefits of partnership, please contact Director of Fundraising and Communications.
- If your company would prefer to host your Packing Party outside of our Downtown Glendale Packing Center, please contact Operations Manager, to schedule an Offsite Packing Party.
- If your group is volunteering as part of a non-profit group or organization and feel you are unable to meet our request for Packing Party sponsorship or feel you would prefer to support our troops by volunteering outside of a Packing Party, please contact Director of Fundraising and Communications.
- For questions about Packing Party sponsorship or to schedule your group’s Packing Party, please contact Director of Fundraising and Communications.
- If you would like to volunteer or donate outside of a Packing Party, please contact Director of Fundraising and Communications.